Obsidian MD Ultimate Starter Vault (Second Brain Beginner Kit)
Please go to my new landing page for the updated landing page and product
This beautiful, messy graph is my second brain in Obsidian.
Each dot is a note, and there are 5000 of them containing a total of 1.4 million words.
Gain access to over a year’s worth of obsessively learning personal knowledge management, productivity, and note-taking, all in one prebuilt vault, to start growing your own web of ideas.
I’ve spent HUNDREDS of hours experimenting on my own vault to implement countless note-taking and productivity practices.
I’ve never felt so in control of my life.
But it wasn’t always like this.
When I needed my notes the most for school or projects, I would always lose them in my unorganized document structures.
I used to forget the crucial takeaways from the content I consumed.
I used to feel overwhelmed with all my responsibilities and deadlines during my transition into adult life.
But now, my second brain has become my digital assistant for high performance.
It lets me grow an ever-growing garden of all my knowledge that will serve me for my lifetime.
It lets me achieve the things I want to.
In the past year it's helped me:
- Self-learn web development and land my first coding internship
- Achieve a 4.07 GPA in my first semester of university
- Create content to grow my YouTube channel to 6k subscribers
- Take connected notes on over 50 books and countless resources
- Adopt a daily bullet journalling and weekly reflection habit to align my vision and projects
- Learn skills like Obsidian, product management, and sales to create this vault ;)
- Don’t know where and how to start learning personal knowledge management and Obsidian MD
- Feel overwhelmed trying to organize all the information in your life
- Want to effectively use your notes and make progress on projects or creative outputs
- Don’t care about learning how to set up systems and just want to get things up and running
Then the starter vault is for you.
Who is this for?
Some of the 250+ Obsidian enthusiasts who obsessively use this vault are:
- High performers who want effective productivity systems for managing their personal and work life
- Self-learners who want to build an interconnected web of new ideas and skills
- Creators who want to transform their notes and knowledge into content and tangible outputs
What do I get?
✅ Lifetime access to future updated versions
✅ 20+ templates to help manage the different kinds of notes
✅ 200+ notes on modern personal knowledge management and note-taking practices
✅ A 4-step interactive roadmap built into the Obsidian vault to help you go from beginner to pro
Capture ideas and resources
- Quick capture ideas from various sources using Fleeting Notes
- Internalize the content you consume by connecting it with your existing knowledge
- Capture and flesh out shower thoughts and personal insights for a deeper understanding
- Record the day’s events and ideas using a digital bullet journal
- Store notes based on actionability using the PARA method
- Amplify your ideas and note retrieval using the Zettelkasten method and evergreen notes
Take action on notes and projects
- Keep track of a project’s related notes and tasks using queries and kanban boards
- Reflect and analyze the previous week using statistics and prompts to prepare for future projects
- Develop ideas and synthesize notes through brainstorming templates for creative output
- (Optional) Integrate Todoist to quickly capture tasks and view them in Obsidian using plugins
A smart and personalized bullet journal
- View a list of the day’s tasks from project kanban boards
- Automatically generate daily tasks to remember your habits
- Journal your ideas and feelings using reflective prompts
- Keep track of habits and statistics to analyze your progress
Advanced periodic reviews + planners
Simple yet actionable periodic notes for maintaining clarity and direction.
- Establish different levels of goals for various timeframes (weekly, monthly, quarterly, yearly)
- Make sure your efforts are relevant; connect your weekly projects with your monthly focus areas, your monthly goals with your yearly vision, etc.
- Regularly seek improvement and identify obstacles through elaborate self-reflection
- Visualize progress on your daily habit statistics using graphs
Still not convinced? Here's a sneak peek into what's on the roadmap.
Roadmap - The 4 Steps to Mastering Obsidian
To help you fully adapt, I’ve created a 4 part project in the vault using the built-in project and task system. Each step has a kanban board with different tasks that link to notes in the vault for you to learn and take action.
The four steps are to:
1. Learn the essentials of personal knowledge management and note-taking
2. Learn how to use the features of Obsidian MD
3. Learn the countless workflows in the vault, including
- Project and task management
- Daily notes
- Weekly reviews
- Thoughts and brainstorming
- Evergreen notes
4. Try all the features and workflows yourself and personalize them to your liking
Learn Personal Knowledge Management
When I first started learning about PKM, I was drowning in foreign terms like Zettelkasten, PARA, Maps of Content, and evergreen notes.
I’ve provided brief summaries to give you the TL;DR, as well as links to external resources and my own personal notes from books like Building a Second Brain and How to Take Smart Notes
Learn Obsidian MD
You can do anything with Obsidian MD as long as you know how to leverage its features. In this second step, I share the essential hotkeys and plugins I use in my daily life.
Learn how to leverage features like
- Workspaces to easily transition between contexts
- Obsidian sidebars to display and access relevant information
Learn how I use plugins to
- Automate note creation using templates and one-click buttons/commands
- Filter and retrieve relevant notes using searching methods and queries
- Visualize statistics using graphs
Learn vault features and workflows
Once you understand the theory and the capabilities of Obsidian, it’s time to integrate the plugins and features into daily use.
In this step, you learn about the workflows and use cases of the vault via
- Walkthroughs on each workflow
- Countless templates with explanations on how to use and customize them
Use the vault
Roll up your sleeves and get your hands dirty.
The vault is feature-rich, so there are a lot of things to try for the first time.
On top of the explanations, I also have example notes you can reference.
What are you waiting for?
The price of this will only increase as I continue to learn more about Obsidian and add more features/resources.
The price is an absolute steal for the thousand-dollar ideas you’ll curate, projects you’ll finally complete, and hours saved through efficient workflows.
You have two choices right now
- Feel overwhelmed with all the terminology and possibilities when trying to scrape together your first vault
- Spend more time creating your system than actually using it and making progress on your goals
- Download the vault and follow a roadmap specifically tailored with beginners in mind to quickly learn the fundamentals
- Start getting work done with preset workflows and note structures
- After a while of use, feel confident enough to personalize your vault to add more features and perfectly complement your use cases
- Know the essential plugins and features of Obsidian MD to use the software at its full potential
My Obsidian MD vault has taken my learning and productivity to new heights, and will most likely serve me for the rest of my life.
And I'm not the only one:
Unlock your future potential by leveraging modern technologies today.
Can I customize the vault?
Everything in the vault is customizable (templates, organization, appearance) since all the notes are text files. In fact, I encourage you to personalize it and only use my workflows as a foundation for your own needs.
How do I know you're trustworthy?
I've spent the past year making videos on Obsidian MD to help people learn and use the program :)
What if I'm not satisfied?
I want the investment in this vault to be a no-brainer for you.
I firmly believe that the value of this new system for managing your ideas and your life should be worth more than what you paid for it.
If you complete the roadmap and try the features but don't find the vault to be useful, I'll happily refund your full payment within 60 days of your purchase.
How do I receive future updates?
I'll send an email for each new major update to remind you to check out the product page.
There will also be a link in the "Vault Overview" for a Notion page with details on the new features or changes.
If you have modified the vault and are unable to directly import the new features, I make walkthrough posts or videos on how to implement the changes.
What if I run into issues or have questions about the vault?
You can always contact me on Twitter @johnmavrick_yt or email firstname.lastname@example.org ;)
The vault I wish I had when I first started.